cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mp830 printer printing blank pages

Flo
Apprentice

I have been trying to print a reciept from a web page. All I get is blank pages. I tried printing an email and still blank pages. I did a test print to see if my printer head needed cleaning and it was just fine. Printed perfect. Just can't print anything else. Printer comes up with a print preview and it acts likes it's printing but it's blank. HELP!! Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Flo,

First, please make sure that the installed ink tanks are correct and full of ink.  The correct order is:

CLI-8BK Black
PGI-5 Black
CLI-8Y Yellow
CLI-8M Magenta
CLI-8C Cyan

Although you have already done this, a test of your PIXMA MP830 should be performed.  The Nozzle Check pattern shows if each print head nozzle is operating properly.  Please perform the following steps to print a Nozzle Check pattern:

1.  Load letter-sized plain paper in the auto sheet feeder.

2.  Press the <FAX> button.

3.  Press the <MENU> button.

4.  Press the right arrow to select Maintenance / Settings, then press <OK>.

5.  Press <OK> to select Maintenance.

6.  Press <OK> to select Nozzle check.

7.  Press <OK> to select Yes.

The nozzle check pattern will now print.  Please compare your printout with the example that has been attached to the bottom of this post.

Does your test page print correctly?

MP830 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes already did that. Prints perfect. The printer is recognized by the laptop and shows up as it usually does. I did have something in the que that I decided to print just to see if it would and it did. It just seems like it's not recognizing the text or something like that. 

Announcements