cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mp495 wont stay on

kendyc13
Apprentice

Hello All,

I have a Pixma MP495 and it was working perfectly fine until I tried to use it today. When I pressed the power button nothing happened, so I pressed it again and the button lit up and blinked 6 times, the cartridges moved from one side to the other and then it shut off. I tried unplugging and waiting a couple of minutes, pressing the power and reset button at the same time but none will work.

Can someone PLEASE help me ! 😞 I don't use my printer often but when I do is because I SERIOUSLY need it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi kendyc13,

Please follow these steps to try and get the printer to power on:

1. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and from the wall outlet/surge protector and leave them out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in. Sometimes one port on a surge protector will work, while another will not, so we recommend plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

2. If the printer reset didn't work, please try to plug the printer into another power outlet in a different area of the room, or another room if possible and try to turn the unit on.

3. If you have another power cord you can use with the printer, please try to use that power cord to see if this will resolve the issue.

If the printer still does not turn on after following these steps, it will require servicing.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having the exact same issue with mine. 

Hello!

If you've tried the above troubleshooting, and you're still having issues with your PIXMA MP495, regrettably, the next step would be to replace the printer, as this model is no longer supported.

You'll want to reach out to the Canon Upgrade Program to discuss your upgrade options. They're at 1-866-443-8002 every day from 8am to Midnight (ET).

If you're outside of the USA, you'll want to reach out to Canon in your country for your support options. Contact information can be found HERE

gsaldrich
Apprentice

Today I have *exactly* the same problem as you describe, to a "T". It's a shame because I just recently stocked up on ink for the printer. This is the 4th Canon printer I've owned an never had a single problem with them.

Announcements