cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mp250 print problem.

almar7
Contributor

When I print a page with my mp250 printer, about a third of the right side of the image doesn't print.  If I first save it to my computer and then print, it works correctly. Any ideas ?  I reinstalled drivers and still doesn't work.  Windows 7-64x

8 REPLIES 8

Danny

Hi, almar7!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer and which apps you're trying to print from. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I am using windows 7  with Chrome (or Internet Explorer-does the same with both). I right click on a blank area or use "Ctrl-P".  The preview comes up with the right third of the image blanked out in white and prints out just as shown on the preview. I notice it mostly on printing coupons.  If I save it to my computer first and then print it, it prints correctly.  As best I can remember, it sometimes does it when printing things other than coupons but not as much.

Hi almar7,

You can try using the Canon Easy-WebPrint EX plug-in, downloadable from the Canon USA website, with Internet Explorer to see if this will allow you to print the webpages you are having difficulty with successfully.  Please note that you will need to have at least Internet Explorer 7.0 installed in order to use the toolbar.

Please click here to go to the Drivers and Software page for the PIXMA MP250. Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2. Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "SOFTWARE" section and click the EASY-WEBPRINT EX file. When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear. Please click on the checkbox below the DOWNLOAD button, then click the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the download. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Once installed, the Easy-WebPrint toolbar will show up below the address bar in Internet Explorer.  If you still experience difficulty, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ramona
Authority

Hi almar7,

You mentioned that when you print a page with your PIXMA MP250, a third of the right side of the image doesn't print, but if you save the image to your computer and then print it prints correctly; do you mean that if you make a copy directly from the printer it doesn't print correctly, but if you scan the image in and save it to your computer first and then print it, it prints correctly?  

If you are not experiencing the incorrectly printed images when making copies, what program are you printing the images from when they do print correctly, and also when they don't?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Followed your instructions on downloading the Canon easy webprint ex plug -in.  Still does the same thing.  Right 1/3 of image is cropped off when I tried to print a coupon from an email. (not sure that I mentioned it was received in email before in case that makes a difference).

I tried another approach.  I right clicked on the image and chose open in a new tab. I could print ok from that.  Also, on a print preview I just looked at, there was a popup ad in the area that has been showing blank.  I use a popup blocker so that might account for the blank area. I still am dealing with the same problem. I would like to be able to print without having to look for back doors to do it properly.

I just found that I can get a good printout by just using the keyboard "P".  I will use this unless someone comes up with an explanation for my problem or a better idea.

jojymu
Contributor

The Canon Mp250 Manual says that the resetting the printer and then reinstalling the drivers should  resolve the issue you are experiencing. To reset the printer, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord from the back and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on. And also keep in mind that the drivers are currenty using should have compatibility rate as well as they are updated and nely versioned. 

Announcements