cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mp 600 skips lines

wiz
Contributor

mp 600 alternately prints 4 lines and then skips 4 lines over and over again in a document when printing in black ink.

18 REPLIES 18

Hi, 

sorry I know it's been one year,
but I have this exact problem too. Did you solve it?

Greetings roemer

I, too have precisely this problem.   Attempted mannual cleaning under carriage, but that didn't solve the problem.   Could it be that the PGBK cartridge prints when the carriage is moving in one direction, but not the other?   Any help would be appreciated.  

Just wondering if this problem was ever fixed,seem to be quite common?

I do  wonder too - tried to clean the head manually with 97% alcohol and still no paint is comming trough those nozzles.

Hi everyone!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your posts!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

If you are in the US, please contact our Technical Support Team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) for assistance with your PIXMA MP600.

You are welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

I cleaned the print head too still no good no matter if printing  it's like one pass of pigment black works then on the next pass doesn't print .

print ,

no print

print

no print 

anyway I got the U052 error code of death now, so now I can't scan or copy ,my printer could make a door stop but that's about all.

New printer time WONT be a Canon

good luck fellas I think you may need it but do post if you do manage to get any help, I'm in Australia so can't get help.

Mal

JerryFn
Apprentice

ow have this problem, pretty sure its electrical. Something re the return print on PGBK.  Such a shame to ditch the printer for such a small fault... But I think it will have to go!

I have exactly the same problem but it seems this topic isn't getting expert advice anymore.

vanessaG
Apprentice

So I have the same issue.

It is NOT doing it with a coloured picture.

If I change the ink for the output of a text/word doc to any colour other than black - I'm all good.

It does the same skipping thing with a black scan print.

Have recently changed the PGI-5 cartridge - could it be a faulty one? No longer have the receipt - so thats an expensive replacement....

Have done all the nozzle checks, cleans, deep cleans etc. numerous times.

Please advise.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements