cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mg5350 not printing

spycatcher
Apprentice

my mg5350 has stopped printing, it seems to print but the paper comes out blank and the printer cartridges are all full

5 REPLIES 5

mellow
Apprentice

Same exact thing is happening to my MG5320.  Was working fine. Acts like it is printing but the page comes out blank.  Did everything the manual suggeseted.  Deep cleaning, etc.  Ink tanks are full.  This SUCKS!  My canon printers always quit working after about 2 years.

It appears to me that either the printer has run it's pre programmed count and switched off the ink flow, Counter needs a reset. or the absorber pads are full,...will need to be cleaned or renewed and preset counter needs a reset. It has happened to me. search for the reset tool and you might be lucky.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi spycatcher,

First, please make sure that the ink tanks are installed in the printer correctly and are in the correct order. The order from left to right is as follows:

CLI-226BK
CLI-226M
CLI-226C
PGI-225PGBK
CLI-226Y

Next, a test of the printer should be performed. This will tell us if the printer is working correctly. To do this, please load letter-sized paper in the PIXMA MG5320 and follow these steps:

1. Press <HOME>.

2. Rotate the menu to Maintenance and press <OK>.

3. Press <OK> on Print nozzle check pattern.

4. Press <OK> on Yes.

The Nozzle Check will print. Please compare your printout to the example below:

MG5320 Nozzle Test.jpg

If they differ, please perform a few printhead cleanings.

To perform cleanings, please follow these steps:

1. Press <HOME>.

2. Rotate the menu to Maintenance and press <OK>.

3. Press <OK> on Cleaning.

4. Press <OK> on Yes.

5. Press <OK> on Yes.

After a few cleanings, please print another Nozzle Check.

Does the Nozzle Check print correctly?

If not, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

trev-hog
Apprentice

hi ive have the same prob this printer has full ink cartridges yet still does not print. did you solve the problem with your printer or is it yet another pile off canon crap

Never solved it!

Announcements