cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mg 7520 not printing black

tcornellas
Apprentice

Hi! - I'm trying to print a file that contains only black text/graphics- but it prints in blue instead... New black cartridges. no stickers covering nozzles, all are in the correct spaces in the printer. I ran the nozzle tests and it prints fine for the tests, but not for the actual document. 

I took out all new cartridges and put them back in, I have done all cleanings available on the printer- and it continues to do the same thing.

I've tried printing as a "photo" and was horrible, printed SOME black but mainly blue. 

I've had the printer for 2 1/2 years and would really like to keep it going longer. 
Please advise. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

BillS
Mentor

Hi tcornellas,

In order to better assist you, allow me to ask a couple questions:

• Are you able to print black from other programs?
  • Are you using grayscale printing?
  • Which version of Windows or Macintosh are you using?

I look forward to your reply.

hello,

I have the mg7520 and changed all the ink cartridges with new ones and still, the test page is not printing properly.

Is there any kind of maintenance I can do to get rid of this issue?

I am using Mac to wirelessly print pdfs.

Hi rakeshanne,

First, let's perform a test of your PIXMA MG7520.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Please swipe the HOME screen and then tap the wrench and screwdriver icon on your PIXMA MG7520

2.  Tap Maintenance

3.  Tap Print nozzle check pattern

4.  Tap Yes

Please compare your printout with the example provided below.  Does your test page print correctly?

If not, please return the maintenance menu to perform a cleaning.

For more information regarding maintenance, please use this link:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MG7500%20series/EN/BG/bg-maintenance1000.html

MG7520 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The PGBK part of my nozzle check pattern is not printing at all. I have replaced all ink cartridges, cleaned, deep cleaned twice with a 24-hour wait time in between deep cleans as recommended. What else should I try?

tcornellas
Apprentice

RESOLVED:: - It wound up being a faulty ink cartridge. even though the ink cartridge was new, something was faulty with it... Iam not sure if it was the sensor on it or what- but by changing out that ink cartridge, it was resolved. 🙂

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements