cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mg 5220 6c10 code

dragrcr225
Apprentice

I've got a old mg5220 pixma printer that I can't seem to clear the code 6c10 any help would be greatly appreciated

4 REPLIES 4

dragrcr225
Apprentice

Thanks for all the help ....

Hi dragrcr225,

You can try reseating the print head by following the steps HERE.  Once that is done, I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer and let it sit for 60 seconds. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

If this does not resolve the issue, the printer will need to replaced since it was retired in 2017 and replacement parts are no longer available.

You would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

I've finally had a chance to apply your suggestion and now my printer works great again for now...... anyway...... just trying to make it work long enough to use up the ink I've got in stock then I'll purchase a new modern canon printer  ...... Thank You Very Much

I also have the same issue except this procedure did not work for me. The printer's screen says to refer to the manual for the print code but the manual makes no mention of "6c10" nor does any of the Canon support community. Is it the ink pad counter? page counter? Cam issue? If this info was out there this would be an easier problem to tackle. Any input for what will repair mine? I literally just bought new ink and printed maybe 10 pages so far and now this issue will not allow me to print.

Announcements