cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf8580cdw will not print labels

williambartel
Contributor

mf8580 will not print labels, thinks it is out of paper. I can print the labels on regular paper, but when I insert the labels-nothing.

5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Hi Williambartel!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you Tiffany for responding,

I have Windows 7. I have spoken to technical support to no avail. I was told I may need to download a driver. I do not have any issues printing Word documents,(Word 2007) just the labels. When I try to print labels created in Word, the printer errors and thinks there is no paper in the tray. I can see in Word where the label information is being sent to the printer. When I checked the printer to see where the document was, there is nothing in the printer queue. Also the labels are merged from a dental database called Dentrix. Everything else regarding the printer works just fine.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Hi williambartel.

I will be glad to assist you.  To print labels from the MF8580Cdw, please follow the instructions below:

1.  Press (Select Paper/Settings).

2.  Scroll to [Paper Settings], and then press [OK].

3.  Scroll to [Multi-purpose Tray], and then press [OK].

4.  Scroll to [ON], and then press [OK].

5.  Scroll to [Paper Settings], and then press [OK].

6.  Scroll to [Multi-purpose Tray], and then press [OK].

7.  Scroll to [Set Details], and then press [OK].

8.  Scroll to [LTR], and then press [OK].

9.  Scroll to [Labels], and then press [OK].

Next, print your label document from the computer. 

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you experience any issues or need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for responding. This did not work. When I hit the print button in Word, the printer beepd and the message is "no paper". I tried several times. Same result.

Thank you for your reply.

At this point, I recommend that you contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).  Although the forum may be your preferred method of communication, the real-time feedback that is available with our telephone support group will be very beneficial in this case.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements