cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

margin problems

garret245
Apprentice

I'm using a canon pixma MG2520 all in one printer. When I try to print portrait (paper shown below),

landscape picture 1.png

it will cut off the left side of the paper, as much as the "tech" in the technology applications seen in the top left of the paper. The next picture is my printer's default page setup preferences and chrome's print screen. 

landscape picture 2.png

Is there a way to edit the printable section of paper? The problem happens in microsoft word as well as chrome. When the document is landscape, it's the left hand side that gets cut, and when the document's portrait it's the bottom that gets cut.

Also, it seems like it's adding extra blank space on a certain side. When printing as seen in the above pictures, there's about an inch and a half of blank space to the right of the document. When I pick the option in page setup to "rotate 180 degrees", there's about an inch and a half of blank space to the left side of the document and the right side becomes cut off (up to the "ss" in "beginning progress" in the student mastery levels chart at the bottom right).

4 REPLIES 4

BillS
Mentor

Hi garret245,

In order to better assist you, allow me to ask a couple questions:

• What program are you printing from?
  • Do you get the same effect when printing from other programs?
  • Are you able to make a photocopy?

I look forward to your reply.

google chrome

yes. it happens in microsoft word as well

I've never tried scanning or copying on the printer. I can test it tomorrow though. 

Hi garret245,

The printer itself does not adjust the print settings, so if you are able to make a photocopy normally, we can be certain that this is a software issue.  If you are unable to make a photocopy, there may be a problem with the hardware.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I edited this comment. please ignore anything that came before this. 

I photocopied a black piece of construction paper and while viewing it as portrait, the left and right sides show a small margin (about 1 cm), the top has a small margin (about .3 cm) and the bottom has a large white margin (1.5 cm, or 3/4 of an inch). A bit of the bottom of the document (what is printed last) seems to have a little bit cut off, but it doesn't seem to be adding extra white space as it did when I printed from google chrome.

Announcements