cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labels

naoma
Apprentice

How do I set my Canon MX882 printer to make 2x4 labels? (Avery 8163). 

3 REPLIES 3

Jason
Whiz

Hi, naoma!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Hi Jason,
I have a Mac and am using Microsoft Word for Mac 2011.

I'm trying to print labels that have already been created via a Teachers Pay Teachers website. My question isn't so much in how to create the labels but rather how to print what has already been created. When I print the labels created for 2x4 the words and labels don't line up correctly.

Ramona
Authority

Hi naoma,

You can try adjusting the page top and bottom margins in Microsoft Word to see if this will get the words and labels to line up. In addition, you can enable the prevent paper abrasion setting to ensure that the label sheet can feed smoothly through the printer.  To do this, from the printer's operation panel, please press the SETUP button, then select DEVICE SETTINGS and PRINT SETTINGS in this order, then set PREVENT PAPER ABRASION to ON.  Once the labels have finished printing, please turn off the prevent paper abrasion setting so it will not be active for your other print jobs.

Should you continue to experience difficulty, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements