cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(jp.co.canon.ij.scanutility2.icadriver error -) when using MAC os 15

munchichic
Contributor

A LOT of people are still having this issue when trying to scan. The error message reads:

The operation couldn't be completed. (jp.co.canon.ij.scanutility2.icadriver error 4294967249.)

OR

The operation couldn't be completed. jp.co.canon.ij.scanutility2.icadriver error -9958.)

Supposedly they updated the software on Nov. 1st. The link is https://in.canon/en/support/0200482010 but it doesn't resolve issue.

It's been over a month since this happened and people still can't use their Canon MFD. When will this be resolved?! Smiley Frustrated

11 REPLIES 11

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

What Canon product do you have?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

munchichic
Contributor
Hello,
I have a Pixma MX492. It gets this error when attempting to scan. I did download the update (even directly from my device), but still get the same error. Tried several times without luck. 😞

Hi, munchichic.

If removing the printer, installing the upgraded drivers, and then adding the printer back (using the Canon printer drivers) did not correct the scanning error, try removing the "MX490" drivers from the following folders:

Mac HD \ Libraries \ Image Capture \ TWAIN Data Sources

Mac HD \ Printers \ PPDs \ Contents \ Resources

Then reinstalling the latest drivers from the MX492 Drivers & Downloads page on the Canon USA website, and adding it back specifically using the Canon drivers. 

If the problem persists, please contact our phone support.  It's available at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 8 pm, Eastern time.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I followed your instructions and first tried removing/adding the printer with no success. After adding the printer back, I used it to update firmware, which it said it was already using the latest version. So I then removed the "CanonIJMX490series.ppd.gz" file although it was in a slightly different location. After reinstalling the drivers and testing the scanner again, this time, before getting the error, a screen flashed briefly which said "scanner warming up". I found this interesting, so I tried to scan again. This second time, before getting the same error message, a screen flashed with "do not open cover". The end result with the error message is always the same, however. But I do feel this is an improvement. I do not have the time to call tonight so I will wait until tomorrow. Thank you for the assistance. I just wish I could figure out why the drivers aren't successfully working!

FYI-Just tried removing the drivers and reinstalling again. Still cannot scan. I also updated the Image Garden software this time, too. But that didn't help. Really hating Canon at this point! Smiley Mad

Did you ever get this fixed as I have the same issue with a TS8151, its frying my head now

Hi Meatius,

Please click the magnifying glass in the upper right corner (Spotlight search) and in the search window, please type Image Capture.

Once Image Capture is open, please attempt to scan.

Does the error appear when using Image Capture?

I have the same problem with my TS5020 using MacOS Catalina (version 10.15.2)

No matter what method I use to scan (whether from ImageGarden, from the printer itself, uninstalling and reinstalling the printer, etc.), I receive this error: 

The operation couldn’t be completed. (jp.co.canon.ij.scanutility2.icadriver error -9958.)

Please fix this ASAP.

My scanner can work with any other program (photoshop, image capture). I only get this error when using the Canon Scan Utility.

I'm beginning to think Canon doesn't want us to use their software, since they haven't fixed this problem for since Catalina came out 5months ago (Oct-2019).

And I'm beginning to think I don't want to use Canon hardware, if support for this continues to be lacking.

Announcements