cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change from wireless to usb

lynnpep
Apprentice

I have a pixma mx922 that is wireless.  I need to use the printer where there is not an internet connection and use a usb cord.  how do I do this 

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It partly depends upon your OS, and how you need to use it. 

However, you will definitely need to connect the printer to host computer that has the proper printer drivers installed.  You may need an internet connection to download the proper drivers, if you do not have any software CDs that came with the printer.  The host computer can either use the printer directly, or the porinter can be shared across your local LAN, with or without internet connection.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

lynnpep
Apprentice
I have the drivers installed on my laptop and it works wireless. It just doesn't work with the usb cord if wireless is turned off

lynnpep
Apprentice
Do I need to change something on printer settings

The drivers would have to be reinstalled in order to switch from one connection to another.

If you have difficulties with this process, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements