cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you reset a black 245xl ink cartridge levels after refill

incredible26069
Contributor

so i have 2 printers similar MG2522 ones just new than the other but the same besides color. so i always bought ink. i recently refilled my cartridges with black. so my printer still thinks its out of ink, i know how to by pas but how do you reset the ink levels. i used to use a ink cartridge chip restter that connected to the usb on my pc, that was for a older model cartidge. i goggles adn googles all i can find is how to reset it if you are encountring problems with ink level. 

so when i get a aftermarker refilled one from amazon its recognized as full. i just want to fill my cartridges and set them full and use them as if i had bought a refilled cartridge. 

i dont see a chip resetter for these cartidges unless i am mistaken. all the youtubes vids i watch dont show how on the 245 or 245xl is refilled but nothing on ink level. i seen some stuff on google press this that and the other thing to reset in levels.

i just want to fill my carts when they are low reset and install. how do i do this what do i ned to buy for a resetter if needed or how.

i had a older cannon that tools a 241 if i recall i have a reseeter for that and it was great but now i am stumped. i print lots of plain black and while shipping labels and save any money i can. cause the price of these cartidges have doubled since last year.

any help much appreciated 

1 REPLY 1

incredible26069
Contributor

no help in this forum not even buy a cannon employee. gotta switch to epson this afternoon, canon is as done in my house. customer service is horrible and no help on the community. ink has gone through the roof for price. 

Announcements