cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i set up fax with Pixma MX410 with Comcast (VOIP)?

pattyk999
Apprentice

I simply want to receive a fax!  I would be content even if I had to do it manually, i.e., temporarily switch phone line from phone to printer.  When I attempt to set it up and call my number from another phone, it appears to pick up the call, but I'm not certain.  It immediately lights up "Fax Memory" and I get an error code of 5001.  It's possible my settings are correct and I'm simply attempting to reach my fax via a voice line, but without actually hearing any tones, I can't be sure. If it is set up to not print but go to some memory, I haven't figured out those settings.

Can anyone help, please?

Thank you!

Patty K

1 REPLY 1

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi pattyk999,

the 5001 might not be an error code, this could be the number it's assigning to the received fax.  The best way to test it would be to try sending a fax to it rather than using your voice line.  If you receive an error from the fax machine you are using to send, ew can try and troubleshoot it from that point.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements