01-09-2017 12:59 AM
There is program that comes with the printer called the IJ Scan Utility that can assist you with scanning multiple pages. To scan using the program, please follow these steps:
1. Place the documents you want to scan in the ADF of the printer.
2. Start IJ Scan Utility.
2-1. If using a Mac: Go to the GO menu of Finder, select APPLICATIONS, then double-click the CANON UTILITIES folder, IJ SCAN UTILITY folder, then CANON IJ SCAN UTILITY icon to start IJ Scan Utility.
2-2. If using a Windows computer: Go to your WINDOWS START menu, then select ALL PROGRAMS (or ALL APPS if Windows 10), then CANON UTILITIES, then IJ SCAN UTILITY.
3. In the Canon IJ Scan Utility window that opens, click SETTINGS.... in the bottom right of the window. The Settings dialog box appears.
4. Click the DOCUMENT SCAN option on the left pane of the window, then set the item size, resolution, etc. as required.
5. Ensure that the DOCUMENT (ADF/SIMPLEX) option is selected in the Select Source field in the SCAN OPTIONS section. If you want to scan a document from a two-sided original, please select the DOCUMENT (ADF DUPLEX) option.
6. In the SAVE SETTINGS section of the window, you will select the save format and location of the document you are about to scan.
a.) In the FILE NAME field, specify the name you would like to give the file. By default the filename will begin with IMG; you can remove IMG and change it to whatever you would like to name the file.
b.) In the DATA FORMAT field, use the drop-down arrow to select the PDF (Multiple Pages) option.
c.) In the SAVE IN field, please navigate to the area where you would like the file to be saved once it is scanned in. By default, the file will be saved in the MY DOCUMENTS or DOCUMENTS folder.
7. Once all settings have been selected, click the OK button at the bottom of the SETTINGS (DOCUMENT SCAN) window. The IJ Scan Utility main screen appears.
8. Click the DOCUMENT button. Scanning starts. Click the CANCEL button to cancel scanning if needed. Scanned images are saved in previously selected folder location specified in the SETTINGS... window.
If you find that you need advanced scanning options such as adjusting resolution, brightness, contrast, saturation, color balance, etc. in addition to the options selected above, please click on the SCANGEAR button on the IJ Scan Utility Main screen, then adjust the items as necessary.
Please note, if you want to scan photos, you would follow the steps above, except for instead of selecting the DOCUMENT SCAN option, you would select the PHOTO SCAN option in step 4, and you would click on the PHOTO button in step 8 instead of the DOCUMENT button. Also, please do not load photos in the ADF of the printer, as they may jam and become damaged; we recommend loading photos directly on the platen glass of the printer.
Hope this helps!