cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I print in black without using my color ink on my pixma mx 922 printer?

stj
Apprentice

how do I print in black without using my color ink  on my pixma mx 922 printer?

75 REPLIES 75

Stephen

Hi stj!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your inquiry!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

actually it's a pixma mx  920- windows 7- WiFi- thanks

how do I print in black without using my color ink on my pixma mx 922 printer?

Hi bcfisch1,

The PIXMA MX922 will use color ink tanks to print colored text.  Even if the grayscale option is checked in the printer driver, if the original text is in a color other than black, the PIXMA MX922 will combine the cyan, magenta and yellow ink tanks together to make a composite black.

To use only the black ink tank, the original text must be black and the paper setting must be set to Plain Paper.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello, I have a canon pixma printer and It ran out of ink so yesterday I bought a cartege of black in (240) and I printed 3 papers yesterday. Today i trien to print another paper but the light for color ink started flashing and asked me to refill it and it did not allow me to print. How can I make it use the black ink only?

Hi, mohamedhosny112!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

We're using a Mac desktop with the Canon Pixma mx922 connected via wifi

How do I force my Pixma G3000 to print using only black ink? 

Computer: Dell Inspirion N5150 Laptop

Processor: Core i3

Using W10, wireless printer option, select grayscale option to print using black cartridge but printer uses gray cartridge, NOT the black cartridge.

Announcements