cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I get my canon pixma mg2500 printer to scan?

gilbert
Apprentice

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, gilbert!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT). We also encourage you to check out our Knowledge Base at that same link for answers to common questions.

Thanks and have a great day!

Dear Danny, I have the same issue as gilbert. I am trying to use a Canon Pixma MG2500 Multifunction Printer for scanning. It is about 6 months since I first installed the Canon MG2500 and the product is no longer listed by Canon. Up to this I have only used it for printing. Since I bought it I have upgraded my operating system from Windows 7 to Windows 10. From Michael T

Hi michaelthompson,

You will want to install the Windows 10 printer/scanner driver since the printer is no longer listed. Please click HERE to open the support page for you printer. You will want to download the MG2500 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02. Once the driver has be reinstalled, please click on your Window start button and scroll down to the Canon Utilities folder. You can open IJ Scan Utility from the Canon Utilities folder.

Does this help resolve the issue described?  If so, please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements