cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fax detect settings mx459

mansfielddairy
Apprentice

Hi, has anyone else had issue with fax detect settings on these units?  I set it up to automatically detect which it will do, unfortunately it also squeals upon every single call you take about ten seconds into it....I either can bear with that or disable it to manual in which i miss all the faxes i get unless i notice them coming in....I also have an answering machine on this phone line just  for more info.   Anyone have any luck getting it set up to receive without the annoyances while talking on normal calls?  Tried every different combination of setting on the device, followed the instructions in the manual and it still does the squealing when i take calls unless i put it on manual reception...

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hello mansfileddairy,

Setting the User-Friendly RX setting of the printer to ON may resolve the issue you are experiencing.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Make sure that the machine is turned on.

2. Press the FAX button.  The Fax standby screen is displayed.

3. Press the Menu button.  The FAX menu screen is displayed.

4. Use the LEFTRIGHT button to select Receive mode set, then press the OK button.

5. Use the LEFTRIGHT button to select the TEL PRIORITY receive mode, then press the OK button.  The confirmation screen asking whether to make advanced settings is displayed.

6. Use the LEFTRIGHT button to select Yes, then press the OK button.

7. Use the LEFTRIGHT button to select USER FRIENDLY RX, then press the OK button.

8. Use the LEFTRIGHT button to specify the ON setting, then press the OK button.  The LCD returns to the Fax standby screen after you finish specifying all settings.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue?  Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements