Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Install PIXMA MG2520 Driver

aldeutsch
Contributor

Hi

Windows 8.

I have downloaded MG2520 drivers file win-mg2500-1_1-ucd.

When I atttempt to run the application win-mg2500-1_1-ucd, i get Infromation Acquisition Error message "failed to acquire information on the driver and software. check the network connection and try again".

What should I do?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aldeutsch
Contributor
Found my answer thanks to compugse ‎09-08-2015 09:51 AM
"Turns out it was a permissinons issue. Had to log user out and login as local admin to run the install."

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Hi,

We appreciate your participation, however, for the community to best assist you can you provide us with the following information:

1. Operating System of the computer.
  2. How is your printer connected?
  3. The model name of your printer.

If you are in the USA and need immediate assistance please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to help! If you live outside the United States, to go: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

MAC  - OS Cataline -just updated but error message was before this with .14 system

Printer is just plugged in with wireless blue tooth capacity but not connecting ( there is a usb cord but to far away)

Printer is in the same room as computer with router within 10 feet

I have Canon PIXMA ix6820

tanyaabel,

Make sure that the printer has been connected to your Wi-Fi network.  Visit the following link for guides on making the connection:

iX6820 Wireless Help

Next, download and install the latest CUPS printer driver from our website.

iX6820 Drivers & Downloads

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

tAZZ12345
Apprentice
I don't know what to do with my computer is not working

hi

>I don't know what to do with my computer is not working<

i don't understand what you are saying.

can you please clarify.

AnnoyedAF
Apprentice

I'm having the same issue but I haven't been able to set up my printer correctly because I keep getting ridiculous errors. One said something about my online connection and now I'm offline but seem to be set up when I never entered my network password anywhere to be set up. Instead of using these useless forums, I think I'll just take this back to the store and get something else. 

navinbabaji
Apprentice

I recently bought Canon GM 2070 from Flipkart. Had same issues for a week. Tried restart, firewall disable & adding apps in exemption list, tried services.msc and all other tricks. Tried latest drivers from March 2022 & even from October 2021. But today I disconnected all printer based cables & started plugging them again & then tried October 2021 based software & drivers were successfully installed!

Announcements