Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Install PIXMA MG2520 Driver

aldeutsch
Contributor

Hi

Windows 8.

I have downloaded MG2520 drivers file win-mg2500-1_1-ucd.

When I atttempt to run the application win-mg2500-1_1-ucd, i get Infromation Acquisition Error message "failed to acquire information on the driver and software. check the network connection and try again".

What should I do?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aldeutsch
Contributor
Found my answer thanks to compugse ‎09-08-2015 09:51 AM
"Turns out it was a permissinons issue. Had to log user out and login as local admin to run the install."

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

aldeutsch
Contributor
Found my answer thanks to compugse ‎09-08-2015 09:51 AM
"Turns out it was a permissinons issue. Had to log user out and login as local admin to run the install."

Thank you for answering your own question!  It was actually helpful.  I was having the same error message, even though I ran the install from a regular account on my Win 10 machine, and I selected "Run as administrator", it still didn't work.  I had to sign off and sign on as the administrator for it to work.  BTW I searched google for "failed to acquire information on the driver and the software" and it brought me here.  I was also trying to install the software for the same MG2520 printer.

hello and you're welcome.

emerson_clarke
Apprentice

FIXED:

This error is most likely caused by the Background Intelligent Transfer service being stopped (and or disabled).

The reason other users have reported that it works when logging in on a different user account (like local administrator) is just that the service probably was not disabled on that account.

Start services.msc and go to the properties of the BITS service, and re-enable or re-start it.

The installer will then be able to connect to the internet.

Cannon, you should really write installers that don`t depend on Operating System services/components.  This is an entirely unecessary requirement that just makes your software unreliable.

hi and thanks.

it's interesting that Canon and other companies do not provide troubleshooting help and so one needs to wait 1 1/2 years to an answer to a problem.

oops, 2 1/2 years.

Hello!

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please call our US-based support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) during normal business hours, or visit our support site for self-help options HERE.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

Thanks for that  emerson_clarke  I was actually logged  on as a local admin and ran as administrator had the same issue 

ended up STOPPING the BITS service to get it working 

cheers 

Hello, I have a Mac and I have tried all of the above.  I have internet access, I have downloaded the software (no CD capability) I have updated my computer, I have deleted and reinstalled all my printers.  It doesnt seem like there is any security software stopping it, ihave gotten no messages.  I have re booted.  

This seems to be such a common problem but zero in the way of troubleshooting... Please help!

Tanya 

Announcements