cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error message u052 canon mx882- printer worked fine until i cleaned roller now get error message

ddodds
Apprentice

Canoon mx882

error message u052

printer and scanner have worked great.  Thought i should do some maintence since in 3 years i had never done it.

cleaned roller

tested ink heads

everything ok

thgen turned printer off last night

woke up this morning and get the error message.

ughh

2 REPLIES 2

Devin
Enthusiast

Hi ddodds,

This error indicates that an internal error has occurred which may be resolved by resetting the printer.  Please follow these steps for isolating and resetting the printer:

1.  Open the printer's front cover, and then open and close the print head lock lever (do not remove the print head).

2.  Make sure all ink tanks are seated properly.

3.  Make sure all packing materials have been removed.

4.  Make sure no paper is jammed in the printer.

5.  Disconnect the printer cable from the printer.

6.  Close the front cover and turn the printer off.

7.  Unplug the printer from the power source, and then plug it back in after five minutes.

8.  Power on the printer.

If the error returns, the printer will require service options. To hear about your service options, please click the following link.  Contact Us.

Mine too !

I was in the middle of printing. It printed two pages, then beeped. On the screen, U052. Install the correct print head. I did when I bought this printer. I loved this printer, now it is junk. It was my favorite printer. No more. I had extra ink too. It's going in the trash also. I want no one to have any connection with this printer. Thanks Canon. Thousands of people have this same problem and don't say anything about it. You should take some responsibility  for your mistake. At least give us a discount on the print head, if that is what the problem is. I am sure you know what the problem is.

Announcements