cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error message Code:9,244,3

JIS
Apprentice

I cannot scan since downloading Windows 10.  It says: You don't have the required privileges to access the specified folder Code 9,244,3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ozexpat
Apprentice
I have found a solution to this, i think. In your scanner settings, change the destination folder of your scans - where they are being scanned to & where you save them to. I t has worked for me. I hope it works for you. Please respond if it does. from ozexpat

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52

I disabled Windows Defender so that worked on the "Do not have privelege to access specified folder". I can scan now and click "Share". Then attatch document to email, send it,  only to find out that it can't be opened by person receiving it. I double checked by going to "Documents" where it is stored. It will not open there either. Any tips will be greatly appreciated..               I wonder if they sell Carrier Pigeons ??

Thank you for the tip. I just disabled Windows Defender and once finished scanning I enabled Windows Defender.

Worked a treat.

What a relief !! Finally have my Canon MG3520 working properly again. Is Canon the only one having problems from Windows Defender ?.  Thanks for the help !!.

dntknwhw2b
Apprentice
Here is what I needed to do . I opened the IJ scanner app . The clicked on settings . In the save to drop down . I clicked on add . I named the folder Canon Sans . And saved it . The program created a folder in C/USER/ADMIN/Canon Scans . I added that folder to quick access and I pinned it to Start . Just to make it easy to find . Open settings and set all apps to save to this folder and all should be fine ...

scout888
Apprentice

In Windows 10 in 2019, I found out that approving the App in "Windows Security" solves the issue. It seems the issue is a consequence of enhanced security in W10 due to malware and software trying to highjack files. I saw in the thread that some people suggested to completely turn off the "Controlled Folder Access" (in Defender). I suggest instead you allow the app. Doing this sorted out my problem.

Go to "Windows Security".
Then go to "Virus and Threat protection".
Here you find a "Controlled Folder Access".
Here choose to allow the app - Click the plus + sign, Add app, then choose in the listing of the last denied app, the app you would like to allow.

deepcanon
Apprentice
Hello ESME!

Here are the steps:

1.Go to windows defender,Open settings.

2. Open Virus and threat protection

3. Open Virus and threat protection settings.

4. Open manage controlled folder access.

5. Open allow an app through controlled folder access.

Hi Deepcanon,

already did all that but still to no avail...please help if u know any alternative ways to resolve this as im working from home and i really2 need this to be fixed as it is i have delayed a day in submitting my report just because of this...really appreciate your help

That worked for me like a charm!

deepcanon
Apprentice
Feel sad to hear but as I told you this is only the possible way which I know. But I request you to take a closer look to all the step carefully and if still the problem persist then you can change the permissions of administrator to particular device that you want to access.

I posted this FIX back in Sept. 2018. This is a Windows 10 issue. This is a Windows 10 problem. This Canon Error Code 9,244,3 (when trying to scan a document) stared after I installed Win 10 Feature Update 1803. I tried everything suggested in this thread, plus a few other things, to no avail. I stumbled across the solution by clicking on the Windows message itself in the Notifications bar on the right side of the screen. Doing that presented me with a settings screen entitled (in tiny letters) Windows Defender Security Center. Under that it said Allow an App through Controlled Folder Access. Click the + sign to Add an Allowed App and up pops a mini file explorer. Browse to your Program Files folder(s) and select the executable (.exe) – in this case SCANUTILITY.exe. My Canon scanner (MX922) works fine now. As an alternative, open Windows settings, search for Controlled Folder Access to access the Add App panel to turn off the Controlled Folder feature entirely. Hope it helps.
Announcements