cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code 1800

lildot01
Apprentice

My MG 5420 will not print. It continuously gives an error code 1800, no paper in the bottom cassett. There IS paper. I have unplugged and replugged, realligned paper done everything I know how to do. Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi lidot01,

To troubleshoot, I recommend performing a roller cleaning followed by confirming paper is set.The following steps will assist you:

1. Please remove all paper from the printer.
  2. Press the HOME icon (If you are not on the Home screen.)
  3. Press the UP arrow 1 time to ECO SETTINGS | QUIET SETTINGS | SETUP
  4. Press the FUNCTION button under SETUP.
  5. PRESS OK to select MAINTENANCE.
  6. Press the DOWN arrow 6 times to ROLLER CLEANING.
  7. Press OK to select ROLLER CLEANING.
  8. The message “Do you want to start cleaning the roller?” will appear on the screen, press OK to select YES.
  9. Press OK to select CASSETTE (LOWER).
  10. The message “Remove all the loaded paper and tap [OK]” will appear on the screen, press OK.
  11. The roller cleaning will begin. This process will take approximately 1-2 minutes. Please do not start another process.
  12. The message “Check that 3 or more sheets of A4 or Letter-size plain paper are loaded, then tap [OK]” will appear on the screen, do not load paper into the printer, press OK.
  13. The message “Following is completed.” will appear on the screen, press OK.
  14. Press the HOME icon.
  15. Go ahead and remove the lower cassette.
  16. Make sure the paper guides are set to Letter-sized paper (or the appropriate size).
  17. Load the paper into the tray and adjust the side paper guides.
  18. Load the tray halfway into the printer.
  19. Push the paper 1/8th-inch forward of the rear paper guide.
  20. Load the tray the rest of the way.
  21. Perform a test print.
Announcements