cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code 1403

emad007618
Apprentice

My Pixma 922 stopped working all of a sudden! I get Error code: 1403. It says I have an incorrect print head.

I removed all my catridges and reset the printer with no change.

Can anyone help me?

10 REPLIES 10

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Come on canon sort it out this is a huge problem for all canon printer users

coppercox
Apprentice

Hi

My Canon mg 5550 ( coming up to 4 years old> has suddenly developed the error code 1403 even though it was printing the day before. Tried everything suggested on the Web with no joy.

No point contacting Canon as it appears they are useless as well and have no interest in resolving the problem.

There seems to be an awful lot of complaints about this code on various Canon printer models.

This is obviously an manufacturing fault in these machines or a Con by Canon to get us to buy a new Machine.

It seems Canon have washed there hands over this matter because it is a a huge problem.

There should be some way Canon should be held to account. There should be a system similar like when a common fault develops in Cars the Car Manufacturers are made to recall their vehicles and fix the problem.

Come on canon own up.

The price of a new Printhead is ridiculous so I have now bought an HP printer.

I will not be going back to Canon.

Perhaps if we all did this they would get the message.

I found that reloading the printer driver, altho it took a couple of tries, did the trick.  also cleared a B200 error on my Pixma Ix6820.  If you still have the printer, try it.

mbtexas
Apprentice

I turn my Canon MX922 on this morning an have error code 1403.  Print head is incorrect.  How can a print head that has been working for over 4 years be incorrect. It worked prefect yesterday.  I have unpluged but nothing works. Any suggestions.

Google it and try the suggestions found .

However i feel you will be wasting your time.

My 4 year old MG5550 has just packed up with the code 1403. I have tried all the suggestions and spent hours on it  and nothing worked. This included fitting new print cartridges.

I wasted an awful lot of time researching it as well and found lots of people have the same problem with their Canon Printer.

There must be hundreds if not thousands who had the same problem on different  models of Canon printers.

A new print head was twice the price of a new printer.

So I went and bought a new HP printer.

Will not be using Canon again.

aflamingo
Contributor

try reloading your printer driver.  here in swfl the power flickers every so ofeten for no reason. 

Reloading, took me a couple of tries, seems to have cleared the problem for the moment. I have a pixma 6820

pbjugander
Apprentice

I am having the exact problem as this on the same printer.  Have tried to clean the print head with rubbing alcohol but no luck.  Any solution or suggestion?  I new print head is more than what i paid for the printer which seems crazy and I don't want to fork out the money if it does not fix the problem.  Also don't just want to throw away the printer if it can be fixed

Hi pbjugander,

The 1403 support code indicates a hardware issue with the print head. If reseating the print head does not resolve the issue, the unit may require service. There are several service options available; however, some of these options depend on the warranty status of the printer. I recommend contacting a Canon technical support representative, click HERE to obtain our technical support contact number. A representative will be happy to assist you.

Announcements