Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error b200

cgarvey
Apprentice

How do I fix an error code b200 on MP560

104 REPLIES 104

Thankyou so much, found this after a week of trying to sort it and it worked! Phew!

Holy **bleep**e this worked. 

What did you do? We have tried everything, if you can help us out that would be great!

If you scroll back to page 1 of this thread and look for my reply on 3/18/2014 you'll see what worked for me. No guarantees it will work for you but it's worth a shot.

good luck

Look at my post. I explain it.

B200fix - did not work for me.

Removed the print head and carefully cleaned with water using a syringe to drop it on each nozzle and leaving it for a couple hours to wash through, then left to dry for a few hours. Also left the printer unplugged overnight. However, I still had the b200 error afterwards.

I tried the suggestion by bebebeck (reposted below) to turn the printer on with the lid up and close the lid as the print head moved to the left. I.e.

1. Turn OFF Power
2. Open the print head bay (as though you were about to change inks)
3. Turn ON power
4. Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way
5. Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
6. Leave the Printer turned on

This consistently worked for me, clearing the b200 error and returning the printer to the main menu. Although printing didn't immediately work, I was then able to run the print head 'Cleaning' from the printer maintenance menu. Test page then printed and can now print docs again.

WalterEgo thank you very much and greetings from Italy.

I followed your steps and the problem has been resolved.

I avoided buying a new printer.

With gratitude.

Finally!!!  I have tried everything listed on the entire web to fix my pixma printer with the B200 error code.  Until... I unplugged the cord from the back of the printer, held the power button on, plugged the cord back in (while holding power on button) waited about 10 seconds and released.  The printer went through an enormous amount of self checks etc... with beeping and buzzing sounds.  The error code has gone away, I have printed 60 sheets so far!!!  I was 1 step from the recycler and buying an HP!

Hi B200

Very interesting. In my case, I went out and bought that new HP! LOL ... good for you!

Announcements