Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error b200

cgarvey
Apprentice

How do I fix an error code b200 on MP560

104 REPLIES 104

I have 2 MP560 printers and both have the B200 error.  I tried every fix suggested, but nothing worked.  In fact, one of them then showed a different error, all in Japanese, and then the display died.  So I have two lightly used Canon printers (one that only printered about 100 pages) that do not work.  This does not bode well for Canon.

Canon, if you read this, please reach out to me to let me know if there is something you can do for me.  If not, I will never buy another Canon product.

When all the tips don't work ORDER A NEW PRINT HEAD from Amazon. Found one with free shipping for $31. Took over a week to get as it shipped from Hong Kong to USA. The printer fired up and printed away after simply instaling the new print head and my cartridges I saved from my old print head. A little patience saved another crapped out printer from the landfill. Good luck.

I found the fix. Remove the print head and flush it with warm water, removing all ink. Towel dry and replace it. Voila! The ink must be drying up and clogging the head.

knacker - water didn't mess up the contacts?

@knacker - @CFP1 on the following page said "do not get water on the contact points" - unfortunately I did - then immediately flushed them with alcohol. Hope I didn't mess up. Will check back later once the head has dried.

Fixed the problem. Bought an HP OfficeJet

dklhawk
Apprentice

When all the tips don't work ORDER A NEW PRINT HEAD from Amazon.  Found one with free shipping for $31.  Took over a week to get as it shipped from Hong Kong to USA.  The printer fired up and printed away after simply instaling the new print head and my cartridges I saved from my old print head.  A little patience saved another crapped out printer from the landfill.  Good luck.

along350
Apprentice

I tried everything everyone suggested on how to fix this error.  It is only a termporary fix.  I started going through this process everyday when the error would pop up, turn off the machine, take out the ink cartriges, change the ink cartriges if the ink was low, take out the printhead, clean it as suggested.  You put everything back in and it works fine for a day, then its the same process all over again.  Canon suggested to buy a new printer.  I was not going to do that.  First of all, I will never buy another Canon printer, this printer is only 1 1/2 years old.  I have a Lemark printer that is 6 years old and it prints better than this one!    So I decided to chance it, I found a printhead on ebay for $60.  I put it in the printer last week and this printer prints like it did the day I got it!  No more errors and the printing is beautiful! 

rbilleaud
Apprentice

So disappointed. I've tried every solution recommended by user community. I used to be a loyal Canon user, but never again. It's not like I have any money to throw at a new printer since I recently lost my job, but what choice do I have? I cannot afford to have something that breaks on me when I need it most.Smiley Sad

stefanb
Apprentice

So in my case I had changed the television provider and got a new router. The router signal wasn't as strong as the previous router I had and the printer lost connection while printing and gave me that nerve-wrecking error code. The solution for me was to buy a Wifi extender so that the Wifi signal can now reach the room where the printer is in. That's it. I almost threw that printer out... If you suspect a similar problem try moving the printer closer to the base station first or print via USB cable (if possible).

Announcements