Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error b200

cgarvey
Apprentice

How do I fix an error code b200 on MP560

104 REPLIES 104

Thank you hyjinx80. I tried a few other suggestions that didn't work. I tried yours and it worked! Thank you so much for your simple but effective solution to a problem that has been a real pain. Mahalo again & God Bless.

I have had an IP4850 for quite a while and when my wife needed a new AIO we chose an MG5350.

They both take the same ink cartridges which isthe reason for this choice.

Just recently my printer stopped working and within a week, hers bit the dust too.

Any coincidence that they were both using compatibles from the same supplier?

B200 error in both cases from previously trouble free printers.

This method worked for me, somehow. I've been having problems with B200 error and after this procedure I cannot see this pop up on my printer. I even was able to copy from the glass both in grayscale and color. Before this I tried to cover with tape two pins (first row from the top, 2nd and 3rd pin on the right) and do a hard reset (turn on the printer with the lid opened, close the lid when the printhead reaches near the end of its way to the left) but it prevented me to print in colorus! As I later found out those pins are responsible for it, this is good workaround way if someone dont print in colour.

However now I cannot print from my computer, every printing task I am sending to the printer gets stuck.

Just an update, it absolutely worked! 

Thank you!

Hi hyjinx80,

Very pleased, this in part sorted the Error B200 on my MP 560.

Followed your method unsuccessfully 1st time. Repeated 2nd but by slowly pressing & removing finger 5 times on Power button.

Still no direct luck but it did ask for 2 new ink cartridges at this stage which then produced a copy 1st, then normal printing there after.

So fab ...resolved

Thanks EeDadz

to hiyjnx80 - You couldn'thave said it better. Canon makes money on  ink and they sell fairly cheap machines, although I must say that I have had my PIXMA iP4800 for quite a while. It's the same thing that Eastman Kodak did with film and cheap cameras.

The cost of these printers should relate back to the negative externalities that the companies generate - they are the ones who should pay for repurposing/recycling their products, and not private or government organizations.

BTW I have tried everything listed on every website that I could find, including yours (even replacng all the last switch out of an ink cartridge). Nothing worked. And unfortunately mine is not a scanner also, so your final fix was not possible.

I have a call into their "help" line but who knows... they will probably say the same thing to me - buy a new printer. And this is just after I purchased a new supply of inks - 2 of each, some of which I have opened.

Thanks for your detailed instructions. Just wish they had worked.

hyjinx80
Contributor

very glad to hear it.

My enthusiasm jinxed it: after printing about 25 pages, I got the error again. After letting the printer cool down for about an hour I was able to print again, but the printer is clearly not long for this world. Still, thank you - I managed to print the stuff I urgently needed to print!

hyjinx80
Contributor

To everyone on this thread. When you do throw out your piece of crap Canon Printer, PLEASE TAKE IT TO AN ELECTRONICS RECYCLING FACILITY.

They are free in most areas nowadays and it's up to us to prevent companies like Canon from continuing to destroy our planet by making disposable products. We need to return to a society where we value the things we make and use because they are valuable and well made.

It is up to us because they will NEVER change.

cheers

Thanks for this thought, hyjink80. The only way they will change is for Congress to regulate them and force them to pay for the recycling/repurposing. Each Canon manufacturing plant should have a repurposing/recycling facility attached. They are putting the entire cost onto local governments or private recycling centres. Negative Externalities.
Announcements