Did you mean: 

error b200

cgarvey
Apprentice

How do I fix an error code b200 on MP560

104 REPLIES 104

Knacker
Apprentice

After repeated attempts to fix the error on my 2 Canon printers, I finally found the definitive solution. I found both printers (hardly used) a new home at the town dump, and bought a Brother printer.  No more printing problems!

godface9
Apprentice

Ok guys I tried all the little reset tricks , unplug hold power button, then maintenance menu ect. None worked- Solution~ Take the ink cartridges out -remove print head , comes right out  clean with water until its clean making sure not to get water on the pcb electrical connection on back, to speed up the drying process I used a air pump to air dry in about 4 to 5 minutes. Replace everything when done. Works awesome. Btw I have the cannon m560 I love this printer its been solid for years and ink is cheap online. Good luck and just do it. Its very simple and took 10 minutes tops to do. peace

godface9
Apprentice

I fixed my m560, none of the tricks worked. Simply remove ink and header and wash with water making sure not to get the pcb electrical connector wet. Let dry completley when done "I used a air gun to blow dry mine in 5 minutes" . Put everything back and works perfect now. good luck

godface9
Apprentice

Just wanted to update, After cleaning the in header out with water and air drying ect.  It printed fine until the next time i went to turn on. Got the B200 error again. I removed the ink header again washed with water and air dried and bingo working again. This time after getting it working I went and did all the maintenance in the settings menu on the printer. Clean nozzle, deep clean header and header alignment. I am on day 3 now, I turn it on everyday so far and print with no problems.  finger crossed

ivalaine
Apprentice

opening the cover just after turning it on before the error could pop up, waiting for the cartridges to move out about 1/3-1/2 of the way out then shutting the cover. Did the trick after isopropanol cleaning did nothing. So thank to whoever it was above who shared that tip!

Just finally got around to buying ink and it wasnt cheap. so glad this isn't a throw it out issues. yay for me, yay for the environment.

Announcements