Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error b200

cgarvey
Apprentice

How do I fix an error code b200 on MP560

104 REPLIES 104

I cannot believe this worked... I cleaned the print head, cartridges, etc...nothing. Was about to give up and this was a last ditch effort. #Mindblown

Thank you!!! I have an MG7120 and I accidently unplugged wrong cord, to my printer and came into this error code b200. This worked. The call for assistance # provided was useless. 

🙂

I'm adding to this, your fix actually ended up NOT working, when I went to print the same error popped up. I had to actualy throw away the printer and buy a new one!

yes the assistance centre was useless - I opted for the call-back instead of waiting on the phone,and after 3 hours I have yet to get a call.

OMG, how did you even figure this out?!?!  I followed your steps, and it worked FIRST TRY.  I'm stunned.  I award you all the internets!

Thank you bebebeck!!

EDIT: It is only a temporary solutions, since I'm getting the error again, but its great if you need it to print one time.

Unfortunately this did not work for me.

hyjinx80
Contributor

Here's what worked for me....

(and no this is not the same as everyone else's results)

1. Turn off power and leave plugged in.

2. Open lid and slide ink tray to the far left.

3. Press power button 5 times.

4. Close the lid and let the machine reboot.

At this point the printer should return to home screen. When I first did this I tried printing and the error returned. So I did it again and tried going to the Maintenance menu (on printer) and running a cleaning cylce, error returned. Printing a test page also resulted in error returning. What finally worked is after step 4 I placed a page on the scanner bed, and ran a black and white copy. It took several minutes but it finally spit out a page. So my step 5 is....

5 Open scanner lid and place document (with something on it) on scanner bed. Closer scanner lid.

6. Run black & white copy from printer menu.

If my last two steps don't work for you I suggest trying any other processes that might result in the printer actually having to print a page. Some people had results with the cleaning processes, copying worked for me.

And just a heads up to Canon, I called tech support and they ran me through a process similar to this but more elaborate that didn't work at all. They then basically said that the printer was worthless (because repair costs outweigh cost of new models).

Screw you Canon. The printer still works you just don't give a **bleep** about taking care of your customers because the model you have created (mentioned by someone else in this thread I believe) involves making crap disposable printers and making all your profit off the ink. This is disgusting and it creates a tremendous amount of electronic waste.

Companies with policies like this should be forced to pay for the costs of electronic waste disposal since they profit from its creation.

When I turn off the power (step one) the tray will not slide to the left (step two. What am I missing?

If you mean that when you try and push it to the left it won't move, then I would suggest unplugging it and moving it or unplugging it then plugging it back in and moving it. Sometimes just powering it on and off once will fix this as well. You will have to push it with a little bit of force though. Keep trying different things and eventually you will be able to slide it over to the left. But you have to do it with your hands, it will not slide over there on it's own.

That answers my question. Thanks..

I entirely agree with the assessment of Canon products. Because of the cost of ink, I will ever buy another Canon. This printer was a big disappointment.

Announcements