cgarvey
Apprentice

How do I fix an error code b200 on MP560

104 REPLIES 104

zaqwsxcde
Apprentice

Ricko
Apprentice

Thank you from the Russian Crimea! I get rid of replacement printer, sorry for my accent))

kbb95973
Apprentice

My MX850 throws the b200 error as soon as its powered on--some of the fixes I've seen won't work because the printer won't do anything once the error comes up.  If the printhead is taken out, the printer gets a little further and tells me to put the printhead back in, but gives b200 as soon as I do. 

Printhead has been thouroughly cleaned several times.

Does this point to a bad printhead?  This multi-function printer cost about $300 new, so buying a $100 printhead makes sense, but only if that fixes the problem.

kbb... that is my question too. Should I buy a new print head and hope for the best? And somewhere, maybe page 3 of this thread, someone says that new print heads cost $20 and not $100.

Dyboarh
Apprentice

Tried everything, will get a new printer .... NOT a Canon ! 

tbrillig
Apprentice

I switched from Canon ink for the MX850 about 1/2 yr. ago. Had this printer for many years with no problems. Now today the B200 error. I've been using cheaper LD ink cartriges. Is there any possibility that using this cheaper ink ruined my printer head? Has anyone else had this experience?

Koryuu
Apprentice

Thank you!  This worked like a charm.

EDITED:  Sorry.  I'm new to the board.  I thought I was replying to the individual post that helped me.  I hadn't realized it would drop to the end of the thread.

bebebeck posted the following in March of 2014:

Re: error b200

Here's a fix that worked for me:

1. Turn OFF Power
2. Open the print head bay (as though you were about to change inks)
3. Turn ON power
4. Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way
5. Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
6. Leave the Printer turned on
7. Good to go.

THIS worked like a charm.  Thanks, bebebeck!

svm1944
Apprentice
I took the steps as recommended in Message 8 (bebebeck) this morning and at the second attempt it worked and is still doing so.
svm1944

t2111
Apprentice

Yah....bebebeck! Your solution totally worked....Mucho Gracias!!!!

bringseth
Apprentice
After getting my printer to work again by powering off and pressing the scan button technique my printer worked no problem for probably two weeks and then it just died it doesn't have any power. Doesn't seem like any solution. I bought another brand printer as the solution.
Announcements