Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error b200

cgarvey
Apprentice

How do I fix an error code b200 on MP560

104 REPLIES 104

What a piece of crap this printer has been! I, too, have a B200 error, but this printer has never worked properly after the first month. I will NEVER buy Canon again!

I have it printed copy of 2751, the fate of the canon - low cost printer with 2 cartridges, top & middle models- Buy/sell for a song, song about Japan quality.

Dear friends,

This 'B200' problem made me think about electrolytic capacitors that went dry & lost their mfd.  This could cause a power supply glitch and crash the logic when a motor switches on, thus making a B200 error for 'unexplained cause'.  I had a couple Sony VCRs that went gradually kaput due to a bad batch of electrolytics, and this could explain why a number of different Canon models suffered B200 errors with various 'cures'..

I'm not in a situation at present to test this hypothesis, so I wonder if someone among you might like to open a stricken printer (without ax or chainsaw) & hang a large capacitor on the power bus, maybe look at the circuit with a 'scope and then report to us.

I stand ready for info at syncronic78 à gmail.com.

Roger

I was first going to post here to say that bebebeck's solution worked for me - power off, open print bay door, power on, let it move more than halfway across, then shut it, good to go.

But it only worked for me for long enough to print about 8 more photos, then suddenly it said "Error B200" again and as I reached down to power it off and repeat the steps, the LCD screen went blank and the entire thing died. IT will no longer turn on no matter what I do.

The entire power supply seems to have burned out or something. And I only JUST got another box of discount inks for it, too! I used discount inks for the past two years and have had no problems until now. I don't know (as someone else suggested) whether the discount ink had anything to do with it or not, but one of the cartridges DID just leak all over the inside of my printer and require deep cleaning with many q-tips and some paper towels and a slew of print nozzle cleanings after THAT to get it printing normally again. But immediately it launched into these B200 errors, and now as I said, the entire power supply has apparently died and I'm left once again without a printer. Never had these problems before Canon.

Anyone have any suggestions for how to deal with the printer refusing to power on? I really have no intention of replacing this machine, it is in fine working order, or was until two days ago!

Thanks!

Didn't work. See bebebeck solution below which worked.

Did not work, even though I tried it multiple times. Frustrated.

Tried taking out ink cartridges and removing print head then replacing all but still getting b200 error. One problem in applying the solution was that ink cartridges cannot be removed as they are covered on rh side when printer dormant. What I tried was removing power lead when carriage was in the middle so I could get at them. Guess I will now contact a repair centre unless anyone can come up with another possible solution ?

I AM GETTING THIS ERROR B200 ON MY PRINTER, I TRIED THE FOLLOWING, STILL GETTING THIS ERROR, WHAT CAN I DO NEXT? I NEED TO GET MY PRINTER WORKING AGAIN. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I tried this today and it didn't fix anything. I ried it a coiuple more times until I was waiting for the printer to respond and it just turned off and does not wan to turn on ever again. So this solution pretty much killed the printer.

bebebeck
Apprentice

Here's a fix that worked for me:

1. Turn OFF Power
2. Open the print head bay (as though you were about to change inks)
3. Turn ON power
4. Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way
5. Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
6. Leave the Printer turned on
7. Good to go.

Announcements