Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error b200

cgarvey
Apprentice

How do I fix an error code b200 on MP560

104 REPLIES 104

Just wanted to thank you for this fix. I have a older Canon Pixma MP560 and this worked. I never had this error before and had this printer for about 5 years.

@ WalterEgo (message 19 posted 07-05-2014). Thank you a lot. Your procedure worked for my MP550. I had tried a number of other procedures and was about to get rid of that printer.

Thank you so much for this contribution, bebebeck!

My 4 year old Canon Pixma MP540 worked perfect all the time till today when I got that B200 error. Wanted to print a coocking recipe for my sister coming for dinner and couldn't do it because that error, and my sister told me my printer isn't about to fix because Canon programmed it to fail after a certain amount of printed pages. Tried lots of things (plugging out, pushing buttons for several seconds, resets, manually remove the printhead and putting it back etc) none worked either.

When I read your advice, i thought this is the last I'll try before buying a new printer, and I was happily surprised to have it fixed following your simple instructions! Now I can print again and even don't have to repeat the steps each time. You're a genious! Anyway, a question which follows me now: how on earth did you come by this solution???

Thanks again and have a nice day!

Pieter

It was a last ditch effort that proved fruitful. I don't know why it works or how, but, thankfully it does.

My gratitude to bebebeck, for finding this one out and sharing it here.

I was sceptical at first and it took me a few attempts at getting the printer to turn on and trying the clean print head option. After a few attempts it seems to be working again and I can also print from my PC again.

Simply awesome after a long while without a working printer and many attempts at getting this to work again.

Thank you...it worked on my MG5300!

I have to thank you for your post. As goofy as your procedure sounded, it did bring my printer into a mode where I could do something with it.
My original printhead still gives me Wrong printhead error and I know thats bogus. Tha new printhead at least has me running, but I am getting little ink through it.
By the way, a printhead is a whole $20.00. not the $100.00 all seem to think.

Nice suggestion, but unfortunately didn't work for my MP 560.

@SweetSue42 wrote:
Nice suggestion, but unfortunately didn't work for my MP 560.
If you still need help please check the thread Canon Pixma MP640 Error B200. I managed to get my MP640 working by first cleaning the print head with alcohol and distilled water and then starting the printer with print head bay open following immediate nozzle cleaning. The whole operation is explained in that other thread. I bet MP560 starting procedure is very similar to 640.

I think my problem was that the bulk (large) black ink had somehow ran out without any warning. This dried the nozzles up to state where software resets were simply not enough. Anyway, without knowing condition of your printer head I still think 'open bay boot' + nozzle cleaning is worth of trying even without manual print head cleaning.

I can't believe this one actually worked.. I tried all the other methods and nothing! Thanks, bro! Your my hero!
Announcements