Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error b200

cgarvey
Apprentice

How do I fix an error code b200 on MP560

104 REPLIES 104

Just gently push or pull it to the left

Thank you SO much for the scanning suggestion! After going through every possible combination of unplugging, plugging in, turning on and off, cleaning the print head and replacing the ink cartridges, it was the scanning and copying trick that finally got me out the b200 error cycle. After printing the copy, I was able to run the cleaning cycle several times through the Maintenance menu, and that seemed to sort everything out. My printer is now happily printing away next to me (for how long, who knows - I'm just delighted it's working right now...).

Ok the procedure is actually betweent you and BEBEBECK. A combination of the two brought my printer into a mode that I can atleast print something. I had the printhead error that I had the wrong printhead, so I purchased a new one. the original head still gives me the same error of wrong printhead.
So the procedure that worked for me to atleast get out of the B200 error is the following.
I replaced all cartridges First.
1. Turn OFF Power
2. Open the print head bay (as though you were about to change inks)
3. Turn ON power
4. Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way
5. Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
6. Leave the Printer turned on
7 NOW place a sheet of paper in the scanner and press B&W
copy.
So my printer now is able to do all the things it should except provide some ink.
I believe if I keep on doing the deep cleaning, ink will show up somewhere.
Taking the print head out and using a alchol prep wipe run it in the direction of the heads. Ink should come out on the cloth. 4 colors and the one by itself should reveal black. I am hoping I just have to fill the resiviour in the printhead to get it to work right I hope. thank you for your posts.

I looked at this proceedure and thought WTH is this guy smoking?  But it's easy enough, so.............

In the prior week I had replaced 4 of the 5 tanks in my MP560, so I skipped that step, at least for 1st try.  I did raise and then relock each one.

The first time I lowered the lid a bit soon I think.  It whirled and jerked for some time, then stopped and said my 5th tank was out.  Replaced that, more whirling, then B200.  I figured the tank replacement part was unexpected, so I repeated.  This time I made sure the carrier went past halfway.

After about 10 minutes of whirling and jerking, it just started printing the stuff that was queued up.  No need to make a B&W copy or anything.

My take is that the thing detected some issue, and B200 is the programmed action.  This procedure somehow resets the memory that would hold the code.  And then it just comes up, and there is no stored error, and not detecting any issue, just began working.

Also as info I had no ink issues or anything, before or after.  It was printing perfect at the time it got B200, and now that it's cleared, continues to print perfect.  Since I just last week dropped $58 on a supply of ink tanks, I am a happy guy.  

Thanks so much for this post!

Thought your solution was worth a try, but unfortunately didn't work for my PIXMA MP 560.  It's been a wonderful printer and I'm sorry if it's time to replace it, especially since I've got a boat load of unused ink cartridges that will likely not fit a new printer.

If you haven't opened the inks, the store where you purchased them will take them back.

I tried all the above. with my MX860, that I bought in 2009. Nothing. Just ordered a new MX 870 from an online retailer.

This worked perfectly...thanks!

I tried a lot if the steps found on you tube but for some reason your 5 steps worked on the second try.   The original error occured while printing a copy from a scan so interesting how it was fixed after printing a black and white copy from a scan.  

Thanks for the help

THANK YOU for your suggestions! This was the ONLY thing that helped get my printer back in working order! You rock 🙂

Announcements