cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 9923

cbkotchka
Apprentice

Trying to scan  (MX920) on my MacBook Air with OSX  10.11.2

This has worked with no problem before.  Now I try to get into the scanner through various methods and get the same error:

"An error occurred while communicating with the scanner. (-9923)"

It is printing fine. Connected via WiFi.

I have restarted both the printer and computer more than once. No change.

39 REPLIES 39

THANK YOU for taking the time to deliniate the exact steps!

Solved!

You, sir, are a genius, sir, I just spent nearly 2 hrs trying to crack this before I found this post! Thank you!

OMG, it works! Thanks a billion. I have TS6120 and now it connects to my MacAir for scanning.

Amazing!  So thankful to you!

I never would have known to go to IPv6!

Any idea why it had stopped being disabled?  Good grief that was buried!

Well 2 years later and the problem is still not fixed with Canon and Mac. I disabled the protocol and it worked. Thanks so much!

BritishSoldier
Apprentice

I managed to figure it out, though the resolution may not work for everyone (<--- That's just my little disclaimer).

I simply, (but it took some figuring out), disregarded the iMacs ability to automatically download the software for the printer and downloaded the vendor software.

Hey presto! It worked!

lorneg
Apprentice

My TS8220 will not scan 

I’m seeing the message “An error occurred while communicating with scanner. (-9923).  Ironically, I bought this Canon because my Canon MP980 stopped scanning.  Perhaps the same error disabled scanning on my MP980 too.

The TS8220 is directly connected to a MacPro 2013 running Mojave MacOS 10.14 via USB.  I also tried connecting through a USB hub and router but the scan error persists.  Printing via USB works fine as does wireless printing.

I executed the Canon IJ Scan Utility Lite.app but don’t know what to modify.

This really is the worst printer I've ever owned. At least for a Mac. Canon and MS must be well aligned, but the experience on OSX is terrible. Mine's randomly not communicating yet again.

Time to cut my losses and buy something that's not a canon.

FlexIDK
Apprentice

i'm fixed this error. Need disabled IPv6 in settings.

betyar
Apprentice

Same here, I can print fine but trying to scan throws "error 9923".

Running OSX Mojave 10.14.6 with a TR7520 over LAN.

Announcements