cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 9923

cbkotchka
Apprentice

Trying to scan  (MX920) on my MacBook Air with OSX  10.11.2

This has worked with no problem before.  Now I try to get into the scanner through various methods and get the same error:

"An error occurred while communicating with the scanner. (-9923)"

It is printing fine. Connected via WiFi.

I have restarted both the printer and computer more than once. No change.

39 REPLIES 39

Hello,

When using the PIXMA MX920 series, please ensure that the Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX program is running on your Mac prior to scanning to see if this will resolve the error.  To do this, from the GO menu of Finder, select APPLICATIONS, then double-click the CANON UTILITIES folder, IJ NETWORK SCANNER SELECTOR EX folder, then CANON IJ NETWORK SCANNER SELECTOR EX icon.

Should you still experience an error when scanning, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

wow canon scanners + osx are pretty broken.

i've tried everything on this list and it all results in the same useless error.

took me a few hours just to get everything working.

i know this won't be answered but at least i know i'm not alone and know i bought a lemon!

Hi august,

If you are still receiving the 9923 error, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same problem with Canon TS8151.

The WiFi scanning does not work from the Mac (it works from Android over the WiFi).

Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:

- Scanner is turned off.

- (If using Wired LAN connection) It is disconnected from Wired LAN.

- (If using wireless LAN connection) Signal strength is poor due to obstructions.

- Network connection is prohibited by security software.

- Different scanner on the network is selected.

Check the above and try scanning again.

If you still cannot communicate, restart the computer.

Code:15,157,1

Got this message after I followed instructions. E3100 was shown on the Canon IJ Scan Utility. I refreshed and got the above message.

What do you mean by "the top of the program"? When I open any of the utilities I do not see any opportunity to select a machine to scan with. I previously had a Canon printer and that seems to be the default in some places but I don't have the option to change it.

Very frustrating.

Hello dhfulton2,

When you have IJ Scan Utility open, you will want to make the printer name has network attached to it if the printer is setup wirelessly. For example a MX922 that is connected wirelessly should appear as MX920 Series Network in IJ Scan Utility. If the printer is setup with a USB cord, it should only be listed as MX920 series.

Same problem with TS8220  Cant find the IJ Scan Utility in Finder of MacPro 2013.  Perhaps I need to re-install canon software?

I am having this same problem.  I have tried your solution without success

Are you on a Mac or a PC? I discovered that I have to be on WiFi if I'm on a Mac. Can't use my hard-wired connection to the network.
Announcements