cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 5100

jetwriter53
Apprentice

Hi, have pixma mx490. have trouble shot all suggestions with the error msg. next is contact support that won't be open until Monday. i have swapped outt the carts. had problem with carts included with printer. have remanufactured and still problem. It has printed out what i think is the printer algnment. so see everything but yellow. unsure what to do next. does anyone think this might be a defect in the printer itself? The print carts don't come out to the center of the guide bar. I haven't touched any film or whatever. all the orange tabs are off. Just came today. Ordered off ebay but shipped by walmart. i can send it back if this is a frequent defect. thanks for the help. I'm new to this community but not to forums.

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jetwriter53,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.

@ArthurJ wrote:

Hi jetwriter53,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.

hi thanks. i ended up packing it up and posted it on ebay. I clearly posted it had the error. i added the four print carts, usb cable, the power cord etc. i’m sure it’s something simple. I turned it on and during boot up and the error 5100 popped up and i couldn’t go further. i did install the carts so it did print during alignment. its scan and copy modes were awesome. with print alignment feature. i bought it new on ebay who actually purchased directly from walmart. i was going to ship it back for a refund. i paid $43 w/free sh. to mail it back would cost $30. not worth it. i can’t  out a new printer esp since i bought xl print carts and usb device cable. i figure some canon expert can fix it or at least use the new ink carts. buyer pays shipping.  put a buy it now price below what i spent on everything. But it is against all cyber ethics to throw new stuff away. kind of like finding a new home for a puppy you just dont know how to handle.....i might be silly...with a starting bid of $.99 someone will make sure it wont be in the dumpster in a week. thanks for responding. cant even get the carts to come to center. it is packed and ready to go. i have purchased an all in one hp. more comfortable with them. i am impressed you are able to understand a canon.

wish you all good things. 

judy Taylor

Announcements