cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1403 mg5450

Salva
Apprentice

Hi, I am a Spanish user of canon, specifically bought 2.5 years ago a canon pixma mg5450 printer, everything worked fine until one day when I turned on the printer I suddenly appeared on the screen the error code 1403 that said: the type of Print head is incorrect, install the correct print head.
I have done all the actions I have read on the internet, I have changed the cartridges, I have cleaned the printhead conscientiously I have even bought a new head and the printer is still the same, in canon they tell me that I have to send the printer to the technical service and As it is out of warranty it costs me as much or more than buying a new one. I have read through different forums and I have realized that this error is very common in canon printers and that is a clear case of programmed absolescence or a failure of design of the machines canon, well, the case is that the printer not only does not Prints is that it is completely blocked not letting use nor so following the scanner.
Of course if this is a case of negligence on the part of canon the publicity that for my part I am going to realize it is very bad that it probocara (as I have already read) that the canon printers disappear of the stores forever, certainly if canon no It gives me a solution to my problem, apart from not buying a canon product in my life, I'm saving everyone with the means that I have at my fingertips.

1 REPLY 1

Stephen

Hello Salva!

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your post!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Announcements