cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drivers for Mac OSX Sierra?

purbrookian
Contributor

Is there any news about scanner/printer drivers comaptible with Mac OSX Sierra?

My new MG6821 sits unused and unusable on a desk.

I'm told we "have to keep checking the Canon site". Thanks a lot. 

6 REPLIES 6

PoiRan
Apprentice

Annoying. I sit here with a MG7150 which I have to access from my Parallels Windows installation to print on CDs. Sigh. Considering Sierra has been available for months if you're a developer, Canon have few excuses IMHO. 

Some people recommend adding printer as Airprint, but that didn't work for me and the optical disc printing. 

Indeed, PoiRan, the Canon people had pleanty of time to get software ready. I've been told that the problem lies in Japan, from where such new software must originate, for some reason.

Hello.

Hello, for details regarding compatibility with the Sierra operating system, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Michael, Have already had some correspondence with people at Canon.   

There may be a (rather complicated) workaround, it seems, but apart from the absence of compatible scanner/driver software, when trying to link the MG 6821 unit to the iMac, the Canon search can't even locate it.

Se we wait, and hope that the ink cartridges installed don't dry up.

Still a problem Dec 15th 2016. Maybe I should buy a "new" printer.
They come with ink crtridges for about the same price as repalacement cartridges.

Harrisphoto77
Apprentice
Announcements