cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

driver for pixma ip8500

jtw527
Apprentice

I can't find my disk with the printer driver for my PIXMA iP8500 I changed the computer I'm using it on and can't get it to print on new computer.  I'm using Windows 7 Professional 32bit. 

I tried the Canon site but they only have an add-on driver not the base driver for the iP8500.  I have searched the internet also and can't find anything that works - help please.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jtw527,

The Windows 7 driver for your PIXMA iP8500 is provided by Microsoft and can be installed using Windows Update.  To add your PIXMA iP8500 using Windows 7, please make sure that you have an active Internet connection and then follow these steps:

1.  Click on Start in the lower left hand corner and then Control Panel.

2.  Click on Control Panel.

3.  Click on Devices and Printers.

4.  Click Add A Printer at the top.

5.  Choose 'Add a local printer' in the What type of printer to you want to install window.

6.  Select the port you wish to use.

7.  Click on the Windows Update button.

The printer will be automatically installed.

Once installed, please revisit the Support Page of your PIXMA iP8500 on Canon's web site to download and install the Add On Module.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have my printer hooked up to my work (network) computer and don't have access to update windows - I will ask my IT Department if they can do that for me - thanks.  I was able to get the driver for the iP5300 and it prints but the color seems to be off so I really need to get the proper driver loaded (if possible).

Thanks,

Announcements