cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

driver for MP830 multifunction printer

charlie45
Apprentice

I download the driver for the MP830 but when it completed the download it said that the file was not a valid win32 file. So I couldn't use it. I noticed that the creation date on the download file changed from 11/2012 to 10/2013 to include window 7 and windows 8. perhaps they forgot to include something and omitted something. Any thoughts or actions?

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi charlie45,

The message you received suggests that you have a 32-bit operating system on your computer, and that the driver that was downloaded was for a 64-bit  operating system.  When selecting the operating system version on the DRIVERS AND SOFTWARE page, please ensure  that the plain WINDOWS 7 or WINDOWS 8 option is selected instead of the X64 versions, then download the drivers again and attempt to reinstall them.  

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi,

We have Windows XP and on the Canon website, there is only one driver to download that takes care of Window 7,8,VISTA and XP. This one driver doesn't work. Is there any way to get word to Canon about this issue? It is the driver for the Canon MP830 printer that is in question.

Hello.

The Invalid Win32 error may also occur with a file if it did not download completely. 

Please delete the file and return to our website to download the driver again. 

If the error persists, please visit the following link below to contact our support group for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements