cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

driver download

grgr7
Apprentice

Hello.  My Pixma MG6320 printer (usb connected) works fine EXCEPT it will not scan to the computer.   Instruction says:  A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed.  Install it and try again.  Code:9,230,0.  Please help this 79 year old!  My computer is Windows 7.  Thank you

1 REPLY 1

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi grgr7,

I understand you are able to print; however, when scanning you are receiving an error message that the scanner driver is not installed. The following steps will assist you with installing the driver needed for full functionality of the printer:

1. Restart the printer and computer.
  2. Make sure the USB cable is not connect to both the printer and computer. It can be connected to one device; however, do not connect it to the second device until instructed to do so.
  3. Click HERE, to go to the Canon website and access the driver needed for USB setup.
  4. Below the Drivers & Downloads, next to Operating System, you should see that your operating system is detected.
  5. A little further down and to the right, click on the SELECT button next to the file titled, "MG6300 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.01"
  6. Click on the red DOWNLOAD button.
  7. If you are asked if you want to RUN or SAVE the file, click on SAVE.
  8. When the file has been saved, you will be given the option to OPEN or RUN the file. This time click on RUN.
  9. If you are not given the option to RUN the file, go to the downloads folder and double-click on the file name titled "mp68-win-mg6300-1_01-ejs.exe"
  10. If you are asked if you would like to allow the setup program to make changes, select YES or OK.
  11. When the welcome screen appears, follow the on-screen instructions to install the software on your computer.
  12. When applicable, the software will tell you when to connect the USB cable.
  13. Complete the installation process.
  14. Restart the computer again.
  15. Perform a test scan.
Announcements