Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

does ts8120 WiFi?

Is the ts8120 designed to work with WiFi? I think "WiFi" is the correct terminology, by that I mean that is doesn't need to be connected with a USB cable

Thanks..

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: does ts8120 WiFi?

Quick Search:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/ts-...

Hi-Speed USB
PictBridge (Wireless LAN)13
Wi-Fi® (Wireless LAN, 2.4 GHz, IEEE 802.11b/g/n)1
Memory Card Slot6
Bluetooth 4.0 LE (Low Energy)4

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@shadowsports

Yes, the article you cite clearly says that wireless is supported.

BLUETOOTH allows you to print and scan right from your smartphone or tablet
Wireless printing and scanning requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g /n/ac or ad capability

I'd be printing from my Surface Book, which connects to my wireless network using a Netgear Blackhawk router, which does support 802.11b/g /n/ac. I'm not well versed enough in the terminolgy, but I guess that is compatible with Bluetooth. Do you know whether that is the case? Or is it something I'll need to look into? I used to use the TS8120 on the other computer in my network, but I could not get WiFi to work with the TS8120. I'm hopeful now that it was a "user error" (me) configuring the TS8120.

I'll try printing to the other printer, which is an HPOfficejet 5250 and is connected using WiFi. That will be a helpful troubleshooting step.

Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@pwrichcreek wrote:

@shadowsports

@shadowsports

I got the TS8120 to connect on WiFi. Just follow the steps in control panel Network and Sharing. Then, there's a WiFi icon on the operations panel of the TS8120, press and it's ready to go. Now both printers are accessible from both computers.

Thanks.