Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

documents stuck in print queue

rosario
Apprentice

16 REPLIES 16

John_B
Rising Star

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what product you own, which operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

The problem is on both of our computers, which are using the Canon Pixma MG6400 printer. One computer is using Windows 10 and the other is on Windows 7. Both printers are connected to the printer via Wi-Fi. I have upgraded the printer driver on the Windows 7 computer, but didn't make any difference to the problem. I realise the printer cannot be diagnosed on the current setup (Wi-Fi) and I have been contemplating buying a USB cord to make a diagnosis. Please advise.

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-forcefully-clear-all-jobs-from-a-print-queue/

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the link. I went through the given process, which is easy to follow. No documents were currently stuck in the print queue, however, as I am aware of how to free/delete any documents that are stuck there. Problem is how to stop documents getting stuck in the queue and enabling them to just be printed without hassle.

It looks like I will have to purchase a USB cable to ensure printer is okay as printer problem cannot be diagnosed via the Internet (if I do have a printer problem and not a setup problem).

This worked beautifully, thank you.

I just bought a MF733Cdw and have it connected by WiFi.  Print jobs go to the queue but do not print. The printer display shows a WiFi connection.

Dell PC, WIN 10

Have changed to ethernet connection, still does not work.  I am REALLY getting disillusioned with Canon.

This is an old post so you may never see this but thank you for the clear, concise instructions!

georgedevore
Apprentice

Having same problem.  Document only prints from queue after restarting iMac.  Using Canon MF733Cdw with iMac OS X 10.11.6.  Any suggestions??

Check out this link -- the answer is not to load any vendor printer drivers!  I reset the printer system (per the link), removed all printer drivers, reconnected the printer and powered it up, and selected the printer under SYSTEM>PREFERENCES>PRINTERS AND SCANNERS.  Works great!  (This presume you are keeping your Mac OS software versions current.) 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203343

Announcements