code 5, 157, 67 error

chito67
Apprentice

hi ..

im having difficult to scan and showed error code 5, 157 and 67 

6 REPLIES 6

SamanthaW

Hi!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what printer model you have, the operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/ContactCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks! 

hi.. im using windows 10 home connected to wi-fi..printer model canon MG3600 series

Hello.

Try reinstalling the drivers.  Visit www.canon.com/ijsetup to download and run the setup software.  Once the setup is complete, open the IJ Scan Utility and test the scanner.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

SteinTrygve
Apprentice

I have two PCs connected to my home network and printer; a work PC and a private PC. Both PC's are Lenovo's with Windows 10 operating system.The printer is a MG 7751.

I recently lost the connection between the printer and both the PCs at the same time. It applies to all features like printing, scanner, etc.

When I tried to connect, I received error code 5, 157, 69. All the devices were online, but I reconnected the printer to the home network to be sure. Then I tried to send a scan from the printer to the PC's. Noting the work PC in the printer display, I was able to send a scan to this device. Somehow, it re-established the connection between the work PC and printer, and the connection between these two devices now works well.

Unfortunately, I did not get my private PC up in the display, so I still have no contact from this device. This PC has an operating system Windows 10 home, 64 bit (work PC is Windows 10 pro).

I'm noting from the Canon forum that this is a known error / bug, but find no solution to the problem. Attempted to reinstall driver, but the installation procedure went as far as searching for printer online but without finding it. Failed to enter IP address because the instruction boxes were too small and did not allow me to enter the numbered code.

How can I fix the code 5, 157, 69 problem, and get the printer to work with my private PC ??

Help!!

Vbr, SteinTrygve

I have the same problem with my Pixma ts-9120 and Windows 10. Printer is connected to home server with USB. Tried using IJ scan utility and printer interface. IJ scan utility says scanner warming up for a few seconds then this error code comes up. On the printer itself the gives that working spiral thing then nothing. No information, no scanner movement. Spent hours trying to solve the issue. Reinstall drivers, watch videos, etc. Guess I need to re hook up my HP for scanning.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Schkev,

The scanner error points to a communication issue with the TS9120. The message is usually caused by a problem communicating over the network or security on the computer blocking the scanner connection. You can try  unplugging the router from power and waiting 5 seconds before plugging it back in. Once the router is back up, you can try scanning again. You can also try scanning with any security software turned off to see if it works.

To assist further with the issue, I would need some additional information. If you can reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some trouble shooting steps.

1. Print a lan details page using the steps provided HERE and let us know what shows up for the connection, signal strength, and IP address.
  2. What security software are you using on your computer?
  3. Are you able to scan using any other devices on your network?
Announcements