cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cartridge won't go to the center in order to load new ink

ladybugez
Apprentice

Hi:

I have the Canon Pixma Mg5220, and the carrier is stuck on the right. It will not move to the center to I can load new printer cartridges. I've already tried turning it off and off twice.

I just spent over $75 buying new ink cartridges, and since I opened them, they are not returnable. So, I hope this is not an "unfixable" glitch!

Can anyone give me a hint about this? I hope there;s a simple solution for this.

Thanks for any help! 

ladybugez

8 REPLIES 8

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Are any errors shown on the LCD display of the printer when the cover is opened?  If so, document the exact error.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The message says"Printer error has occurred. Turn off power then back on again. If problem persists, see the manual." I did that twice, but northing happens.

Hi ladybugez,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Same problem with MX 340.  Tried depowertng several times.    IU cannot fix the Absorber is Full problem so no printing.  Screen says Contact Service Centrer.  It has done this sporadically for some months but usually worked right eventually.  Now is not correcting itself.  Suggestions?

Hi FrankOR,

The waste ink absorber is a part inside of your printer that absorbs excess ink used in the cleaning and printing operations.  Printing can be performed until the waste ink absorber becomes full.  When the message changes to indicate that the waste ink absorber is full, printing cannot be performed and the printer may need to be serviced.

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

@FrankOR wrote:

Same problem with MX 340.  Tried depowertng several times.    IU cannot fix the Absorber is Full problem so no printing.  Screen says Contact Service Centrer.  It has done this sporadically for some months but usually worked right eventually.  Now is not correcting itself.  Suggestions?

Shanti
Apprentice

I have the Canon Maxify MB 2720, and the carrier is stuck on the right. It will not move to the center to I can load new printer cartridges. I've already tried turning it off and off twice.

The only message I get when I open the front panels is "Front cover is open, Close the cover.

Can anyone give me a hint about this? I hope there;s a simple solution for this.

Announcements