cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon pixmar mg5620 printer---I have an error code of 1681 that I can't get rid of

spkreger
Apprentice

I changed my ink cartridges and the large black ink keeps blinking and giving a 1681 error code.That is that you can't put 2 ink cartridges in the same place.Well,Duh,of course you can't.I had an off brand cartridge that worked fine,but when I changed it,it wouldn't accept it.Bought a canon brand and it still won't accept.Tried a hard restart several times,still nothing.Great printer.Hate to lose it over stupid error code.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi spkreger,

When you open the cover to your PIXMA MG5620, are any of the ink tanks flashing?  If so, the ink tank would need to be replaced.

If all of the ink tanks in your PIXMA MG5620 are new, genuine Canon ink tanks and the 1681 error persists, your PIXMA MG5620 would require service.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements