cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon pixma mg 2522-caution light?

laurawilliams02
Apprentice

i tried to install a new cartridge and it keeps telling me i haven't installed it correctly and that it doesn't recognize a cartridge. i'm installing it correctly so i don't know what to do. i've tried turning it off and then back on and that doesn't work.

8 REPLIES 8

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi laurawilliams02,

Please make sure that both the color ink cartridge and black ink cartridge are installed in your PIXMA MG2522.  The PIXMA MG2522 requires that both are installed in order to use your PIXMA MG2522.

Please also verify that the color ink cartridge is installed on the left and the black is installed on the right.

In regards to the error light flashing, please refer to this page to determine what error is occuring:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MG2500%20series/EN/UG/ug_trouble0300.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

katinfoco
Apprentice

don't know how to add a new topic so here goes.

we have a canon mg2500, never use the color cart, it is empty.  every time we try to print, it asks us AGAIN if we want to print only black.  how can we change settings to make default Black always?

I have changed setting to grayscale, everything i can think of, still fails to print until i say it is ok to print black only

what a pain. 

Hi,

Are you trying to print from a Windows or Mac computer? Grayscale will try to use the color ink to make gray. 

We look forward to hearing back from you. 

windows 10.  just want to eliminate any option to print in color....it seems the settings for the mg2500 do not allow a default of BLACK only.  Canon may have done this to force owner to buy color cartridges, it sure is a hassle every time to "OK PRINT BLACK ONLY".  Color cartridge is installed but empty.  I should have removed the empty color cartridge to see if it would default to black only.  didn't think of that at the time.  not my printer. 

Hi katinfoco,

Please follow these steps:

1.  On your computer, please press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go

2.  In the Run window that appears, please type CONTROL and click OK

3.  In Control Panel, please click on View devices and printers.

4.  Right click the Canon MG2500 series Printer and left click on Printing Preferences.

MG2522_01.png

5.  Click on the Maintenance tab.

6.  Click on the Ink Cartridge Settings button.

MG2522_02.png

Select Black Only and click OK.

MG2522_03.png

The PIXMA MG2500 series will only use the black cartridge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

tried that many times, selecting "black only" does not work. 

always asks/opens up another window......  "OK TO PRINT BLACK ONLY ??" delaying the printing.  

Hi katinfoco,

That is correct, the confirmation window will appear.  Once clicking OK, the black ink cartridge will only be used.

why do I have to ack another confirmation window when I have already selected "black only" cartridge in printing preferences? 

buggy sw.

Announcements