cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon mx882 error message ink absorber

gcolter722
Apprentice

What do I do to solve error message "ink absorber almost full" on Canon MX 882?

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi gcolter722,

The printer has an ink absorber that takes in ink during the printing and print head cleaning processes.  After substantial use, the ink absorber will need replacing.  We recommend having the unit serviced to have the waste ink absorber replaced. Please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) to obtain your servicing options.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

How do I remove the ink absorber sponges from Canon mx882 to I can wash them out, dry them and replace them?

Where do I find the ink pads? I took out the cartridges and print head but do not see the ink pads.

Hi Gnatale,

If you are able to remove the ink absorber, the Service Tool would be required to reset the printer.  This utility is not available outside of authorized technicians. You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements