cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon mg 7150 error code 1410

bagpiperay
Apprentice

Like many others I am inquiring about code 1410 "The following ink tank cannot be recognised". However, as two of my own adult children and myself all have the Pixma mg 7150, I have utilised parts to test the machine at fault.

My daughter Helena's printer abruptly stopped printing a few days ago and will not print despite changing the inks more than once. I then exchanged Helena's print head with my own which is know to work well. The exchange proved interesting in that Helena's print head worked on my maching whilst my known good print head did not work on Helena's printer. 

Therefore, I can conclude the fault is very unlikely to be either the printer inks which or the print head which all work on my own printer without issues. The fault and code remains on my daughter's display.

Can anyone suggest what type of hardware problem might be responsible for this type of error, in this case relating to the yellow ink only? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Crista
Whiz

Hi bagpiperay!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Crista
Whiz

Hi bagpiperay!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Announcements