cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon Pixma TS8220

mikesil
Contributor

I have a new pixma ts8220. It seems to be working well but i have very few printer options. I can print in grayscale or color, 30 or 600 DPI, portrain and landscape, and a few paper options. These seem to be all I can access no matter what application or program I use to print with...Microsoft Works, Firefox, etc.

Is this all that's available or have I missed something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I chatted with a support expert at Canon on line . She realized the “start download” page I used failed to load the complete drivers and she suggested I reload and I now have the full menu of printing options

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down why those options are appearing. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

what "contact link" below? when i click the only contact link i get to employees.

Hi, mikesil!  If you visited THIS PAGE, you're greeted by a panoramic photo of one of our contact centers.  If you look right below that, you'll see text that gets you started on the path to support for your PIXMA TS8220.

Hope that clears things up!

I chatted with a support expert at Canon on line . She realized the “start download” page I used failed to load the complete drivers and she suggested I reload and I now have the full menu of printing options

flcoach
Apprentice

I recently purchased the TS8220 ro replace my MX922.  It seems to be working fine other than there is no true Mac driver for it.  I am running OSX Mojave and must use Airprint for everything.  This limits some of my options but, I can work with it.  My major issue is that I can not print to the TS8220 from PhotoShop.  It works fine with Word, Acrobat, and all the other applications I have tried to print from but not from PhotoShop.  I send it to print, the pritner lights up and say processing then goes back to the home screen.  Any assistance would be greatly apprecaited.

We purchased 5 new Canon TS8220 printers in March 2020 from Best Buy online sales. All unable to print from bottom paper cassette tray. Yuck.

We contact Canon technical support. Canon responded they do not support this printer.

We search and found Canon printers, and other similar printers since 2013, has exact same paper source problems. Canon responsed by blaming users unable to proper load paper in the bottom paper cassette tray. Yes, we follow exact manual steps to load paper into the paper cassette tray. Nobody seem to able load paper properly.

Canon printer firmware do NOT allow selecting paper source. Their printers automatically select paper from back tray feeding one page at one time. What a farce.

FrankD
Apprentice

I just bought a TS8220. The first time I turned it on, I got an Error 1300 warning, even though I haven't even loaded in the ink or paper. I've look everywhere to see if any packing tape or other blockage is responsible and can't find a thing. Canon support is telling me I made need to exchange it, but I thought I'd check with the community first to see if there's a fix. Thanks.

I will return the printer.

These Canon printers (previous version models)  has sensor problems dating back 2013. It always detects paper in the back feeding when there were NONE.

This printer do NOT allow setting paper source default to the bottom paper cassette. You can only feed paper from the back one page at a time.

Canon reply: everybody do not know how to load paper in the bottom cassette tray. Canon refuse to allow setting paper source to bottom paper cassette tray.

Lousy printer.

Hi jgy2001,

Canon does support the PIXMA TS8220.  To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

They will assist you via chat or phone.

In regards to the issue you are experiencing, are you attempting to print from a computer or mobile device?

The PIXMA TS8220 has 2 paper sources, cassette and rear tray.  Both locations can have multiple pages loaded in them, both will hold up to 100 sheets of plain paper.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements